Friday, February 18, 2011

Day #23

The final show for the 2011 Battle of the Bands was at the Rialto. Allusion Studios was the sponsor, in fact. The six finalists were all talented bands, including Alisha Peru who recorded at the studio. She sang amazingly and I was impressed hearing her sing live! During the last band’s performance, Jim took me backstage so I could see what it was like and what went on. I thought it was the most incredible thing! It is a completely different feeling when you view the musicians from the side rather than from the front. Jim showed me the individual monitors that each band member had on stage. They each had their own mix of what they wanted to hear while on stage. Also, there was a monitor engineer who had control of what sounds would be heard in the monitors and occasionally he used his own monitor to achieve the sound the band wanted. I will never forget that experience!