Monday, January 10, 2011

Day #19

I spent most of my time in the office. For a while I explored the Allusion Studios website to learn more about Allusion Studios. I enjoyed reading its content and seeing the pictures of people and events the studio has been a part of. Jim and Joe were extremely busy taking calls and working on the computer. What I like about this business is the fact that your mind never stops processing and thinking; I never become bored. I would dislike being at a workplace that deals with things I am not interested in. I love that music is the biggest part of a recording studio. Also, I checked prices on the Pure Wave Audio website, and made sure that they matched the real, current prices for specific products.

Tomorrow, Jim will have a session with a producer who will be in a different state. Jim will need to patch in the phone because the producer has to be heard through the computer. He needs his own file/audio track, just like all the other people involved in the project would need their own file/audio track on the program. I was able to create those files, with Jim’s help of course. In order to make sure that you could hear the person calling in, we tested it and called. The voice then came through the speakers, so it worked! As well, we checked to see if you could hear the caller through the headphones in the vocal booth, which you could. It was funny to me, when I talked back to Jim through the microphone. I wasn’t used to hearing my voice and it sounded a lot different than I had expected it to be!